Air Con issues

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talelazar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

The AC on my 2016 Twingo AC is acting strange. On the hottest day of the year (of course) it stopped cooling and was blowing hot air.
I popped the engine cover and saw that the AC clutch disengages intermittently every couple of seconds. I suspected it's due to low coolant levels.
I went to get a refill and the guy told me it's not the issue. The low pressure needle kept bouncing from ~50 to ~30. The guy said the AC is overloading the engine so it cuts off the AC.
A day after that hot day the AC worked fine for 10 minutes and then started blowing hotter air again.
Any ideas what could be the problem? Is this something I might be able to fix myself?

Thanks!

Hello

When you start the car, turn AC on and listen if AC kompresor start work. Than you can go for a short ride and you know twingo, everytime, when AC kompresor is turn on, he lost a little power while we driving. If you will notice while you will driving, the power will not lost is problem clutch on kompresor or is kompresor broken.