cleaning my dashboard (airbag cover)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eumpeum

Reaction score
Hello

I want to clean my dashboard. (-> Photo)
Therefore, I seek a second airbag cover from a right-hand drive Twingo RS.

My dealer can not order me the part, unfortunately, no chassis number.
Can someone give me a chassis number ( vehicle identification number [abbr.: VIN] ) of a right-hand drive Twingo?

Does this airbag cover with a left hand drive?

Please send me a Private Message

Greetings from Germany,
Stefan!

dunno if this is legal or not but no way in hell I would give my chassisnumber over the internets.

The dealer can find a chassis number by plugging it into a clip or look in you drivers door shut or in the windscreen

@ Twingogeekeo

Hey!

I have a left-hand-drive Twingo. I need a right-hand-drive number...

@MovingShadow

Then give me the part number ;-)

Twingogeekeo":1gsp8t3l said:
The dealer can find a chassis number by plugging it into a clip or look in you drivers door shut or in the windscreen
I think Stefan wants the chassis number of a right hand drive car, so his dealer can order the pasenger side airbag cover to smooth out the dished panel infront of his L/H drive steering wheel.

Surely the correct part number would work?

Have a look on eBay as there are usually a couple of Twingos up there for breaking.. you should be able to buy the cover itself from one of them?

Alternatively, does it have to be the smooth cover? If you just want it to match you could just have the storage compartment on both sides...?

If he put the storage compartment in, wouldn't he have to lose the airbag?

I like the sound of smoothing over the little hole as it has no real use for storage coz everything flies out when you go round a bend!

I want to keep the airbag on the right side!
I've now looked at Ebay. I will contact you if there is something new.

Haha yes sorry, I have my airbags disabled so completely forgot about them.

Good luck in finding the cover! :)

it doesn't sound such a bad idea to put a different cover on it though!
And for the UK will probably be fairly easy as the LHD is the most common type of twingo..