Endless problems

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all
I took over a Twingo 133 from my son. The clutch slave cylinder exploded leaving the car off the road.
Anyway I had just scrapped a Fiat panda so decided to take on the 133.
I fitted a new complete clutch, slave cylinder. Timing belt, dephaser pulley, auxiliary belt, alternator, radiator and a/c condenser a/c compressor, pressure switch another switch that I can’t remember the name of. The car ran ok, with no problems.
I renewed the coolant, gearbox oil and engine oil.
I then booked it in to have an MOT, the morning of the MOT the ABS light stayed on and the steering started juddering. I took it to the garage anyway to get them to check the ABS out.
They didn’t have time so I brought the car home.
I decided to do some work on the car today I need to check the exhaust for a leak according to the garage.
Car won’t start, I checked the circuits they appear to ok. I disconnected the battery, no difference, pulled fuse 8, no difference.
When I closed the bonnet I noticed a black splodge on the paintwork. So I applied some Tar remover to no avail splodge is stil glaring at me.
Either this turd of a car is cursed, or it’s just that a French turd that needs flushing down the crapper.
Renault I’ve S**T em.