Headunit and underseat sub HELP

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan133

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Right just put in my sony headunit and as i unplugged my standard unit i got all confused with the ariel cable as its like a small white block :/ normally it like a stick plug thing you just plug in.

Allssoo does anyone know if you can get an underseat sub which is powered by a 12v socket outlet (cigar lighter)

Cheers everyone :)

You might need an aerial adapter to fit to your Sony unit. Not sure which one but could check in Halfords or online. :)

As for the sub, you'd need to run a power lead from the battery I'm afraid. I'd imagine running a sub from the cigarette lighter would probably blow the fuse.

On a different note, there are quite a variety of under seat subs as I've just bought my other half one. Only thing is you're not going to fit one under the drivers seat due to the floor shape. I suggest trying them out size wise as even some of the underseat ones won't fit.

You need a fakra aerial adapter...
Coverts the square fakra connection to a standard aerial connection.

Should be a few quid on eBay.

Twingogeekeo":2phcxpes said:
Or take the live feed from the fuse box in the glove box ;)

Not really that's just rough if your going to do a job do it properly, any way that will just be fuseing it down and put more load on the main fuse on the circuit at the battery and put risk to blowing that that powers everything in the car.

matbry01":2tnwkilr said:
Twingogeekeo":2tnwkilr said:
Or take the live feed from the fuse box in the glove box ;)

Not really that's just rough if your going to do a job do it properly, any way that will just be fuseing it down and put more load on the main fuse on the circuit at the batter and put risk to blowing that that powers everything in the car.

Ok thats how mine has been done by a professianl copy who have been fitting systems for years and the biggest company in car audio in Guildford area :lol:

Think they know what there doing!

https://www.banningsonline.com/

They dont draw very much power and have an inline fuse to protect any other circuit. Not some massive, unnecessary subs designed to remove as many brain cells as possible