spark plugs and ht leads

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TW1NGO GT

Reaction score
right im new to this so go easy on me :)

if i was to up rate the ht leads and spark plugs on my gt will it make it quicker to respond on acceleration? instead of the lag you get before?

cheers matt

Welcome Matt.

To be honest its not ready worth doing unless your going for big power uprates.

Been looking at spark plugs as well by Bosch, Denso, Champion, NGK etc.. but can't really figure out which one is for the 1.2 GT/TCe engine.

You have standard, iridium and sports spark plugs.

There have been posts (here and elsewhere) anout the GT being very fussy about its plugs.

Issues with garages changing plugs and assuming all 1.2 engines take the same plug or not being able to get the ones specified for the GT, resulting in rough running etc.

I had uprated plug leads on my GT and it done jack to the performance it was a good waste of money. Personally i wouldnt do it again.

singlespeed":z7jdggg8 said:
There have been posts (here and elsewhere) anout the GT being very fussy about its plugs.

Issues with garages changing plugs and assuming all 1.2 engines take the same plug or not being able to get the ones specified for the GT, resulting in rough running etc.
I've read somewhere that Renault acts rather fuzzy about what spark plugs are used.. you also have to find some special tool to replace them.

This was it with them fitted

att_2.jpg

Looking back it also looks so tacky :lol: