Sub has been fitted

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
And may I say what an absolute c*** of a job it was!! Probably the most fiddly installs of an amp I've had the pleasure of doing.

Every bit of the Twingo is just awkward and cuts the sh!t out of your hands! :lol: That said, I've done a nice neat job, everything has gone back as if it hasn't been touched and now we have this neatly fitted.....

1-8.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-5.jpg

Sound wise, it's not got the rumble of a 10" or 12" sub but it sounds like a beefed up OEM sound which is exactly what I was looking for. It sound as crisp as the stereo upgrade but louder and with more bass.

As for the type of music it handles, it's ideally suited to rock type music. First CD we tried was AC/DC's Back in Black which sounded perfect. I tried a bit of Cypress Hill but it didn't handle the deep bass with as much volume.

Also considering we've spent the same as the OEM stereo upgrade it's actually got a better sound, including this sub and.....

AlpineSpeakers.jpg

5-4.jpg

A good little set up for the money. Most important thing is that the Mrs loves how it sounds. :D :D :D

Really good mate. It's obviously not as loud as the 12" Vibe active sub in my Megane and doesn't go as low but for it's size, cost and overall packager I'd recommend it.

It's a nice punchy sound so is most suited to rock music rather than anything with a rumbling bass line. 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC sounds immense though!

Did you find changing the angel okay as the cd players are in a weird angle? Im looking at getting a pioneer fold out screen and was thinking about if it would be okay to get it tilted forward?

Looks wicked :D

Sorry for the delay, only just noticed the replies.

Angle wise, I had to turn on the unit whilst it wasn't fitted all the way back in the slot. It's got two buttons on the screen that adjust it forward and back. I just set it all the way forward and it fitted perfectly over the heater controls.

The only thing to be aware of is that the Mrs car has climate control and I don't know how well the screen would sit with the control nobs instead.

decbolton":1gzvhmfr said:
haha,the standard one has everything i need :') bluetooth, aux what else is there XD

Gotta agree there, but the non upgraded unit is sh!te. Was only since we picked up the car that we regretted not opting for it on the Mrs Twingo.