What Made You Buy Your 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
as the title says

Reason i got mine was from having a GT and loving the little 1.2 turbo seeing the wide arches and the mean look of the Rs i just had to get one so i looked for a month found one and traded in the GT. And dont regret it one bit :)

Biggest reason for me was the RS Twingos ability to be quick yet surprisingly cheap to run and insure.

I wanted a car I could use day to day that was still sensible on fuel yet a lot of fun. My Megane is the gas guzzler, the Twingo is an ideal daily drive.

Also I've loved the normal Twingo since it came out, the 133 just takes it to the next level. Big arches, big wheels sporty interior and a great revvy 1.6 16v engine. Also when I saw the Gordini it had all the luxuries I loved in my Megane 225 and Clio 172 so I had to have one.

One day I'll have a collection of RenaultSports haha. Got the Megane, Twingo will be a keeper then who knows what next! :D

Ater test driving the 500 abarth and the colt ralliart i prefered the twingo overall + it was my first new car

The main reason i bought my Twingo is that i wanted something fun to drive again. Being a bit older than most of the guys on here i decided i needed a sensible car and traded my much loved 19 16v in for a Laguna which was a nice car but incredibly boring and it had to go. Having owned quite a few hot hatches over the years including a few XR3I's, Golf GTI's and a couple of 19 16v i new i wanted another one and after the 19s had become a big fan of quick Renaults. Looking at the RS Clio originally as i've always liked that size of car the salesman suggested taking the Twingo for a spin and after five minutes behind the wheel i was sold. It might not be the most powerful car out there but it's the most fun i've had driving a car for years

marknovaboy":1zmwvp8k said:
The main reason i bought my Twingo is that i wanted something fun to drive again. Being a bit older than most of the guys on here i decided i needed a sensible car and traded my much loved 19 16v in for a Laguna which was a nice car but incredibly boring and it had to go. Having owned quite a few hot hatches over the years including a few XR3I's, Golf GTI's and a couple of 19 16v i new i wanted another one and after the 19s had become a big fan of quick Renaults. Looking at the RS Clio originally as i've always liked that size of car the salesman suggested taking the Twingo for a spin and after five minutes behind the wheel i was sold. It might not be the most powerful car out there but it's the most fun i've had driving a car for years

nothing wrong with being older just means your matured. :shock:

hattonperformance":24qvkdvg said:
it was the only one i could insure :) didnt really like the car, but now i love it :)

How much did it cost you to insure? Being old has it's merits, only paid £300 for the year. :lol:

hattonperformance said:
i had a vx220, i was paying 2.2k on that at 19.

come to insure the vx again and they wanted 4.2k. NO CHANCE/
To be honest I wouldn't pay £2k even for a VX220 at that age!! :shock: I've never paid over £900 for any of the cars I've had. Was that for the turbo one?

Admittedly I did wait until I was 21 and then went for a a new Clio 172 but by then it wasn't costing me more than about £700ish.

I love small cars always been a fan of the Renault 5 GT Turbo, but I wanted something with ABS airbags ect so after a look at what was on offer the RS seemed the most driver focused with the cup chassis and not just a normal hatch with a bigger engine and some styling, plus I hadn't long passed my test (this is my first car) so I wanted something that was cheaper to insure than Golf GTI but that was still fun, i love it a great car.

Previously did the "sensible car thing" (Mondeo and the like) when Step-Daughter was at Uni, and then went back to the fun cars / hot-hatches of my youth a few year back.

Last car was a Citroen C2 Code (VTS with ltd edition "extras") and was looking for something similar - small, bit of poke...

Went to the Citroen dealer and the Sales Suit tried to sell me a DS3, but wouldn't make a decent offer against the Code.

Went across the road to the Renault dealer who happened to have the RS133 in the showroom, and fell for it there and then...

Sounds like evryone falling for the 133 loverly little cars and so fun to drive i think you did the right thing and left the DS3 where it was :lol:

I was using my mk1 Clio 16v as my daily driver and it started costing too much money to run so decided I wanted something which handled well and also had the fun factor. Read a few reviews on the Twingo and decided to go for one around 18 month old so it was cheaper but still had some warranty left on it. Saw it for sale at a private dealership in Birmingham and went to have a look, 18 month old with cup pack, sound pack and only 2700 miles on the clock. Think it took me all of 2 minutes of first driving it that I realised I wanted it. Not my choice of colour but when I saw it I loved it. I was then supposed to sell the Clio but couldn't bring myself to part with it so it's being stored for now and will become a weekend/summer car when I get some money to spend on it.

Twingogeekeo":229nuzd8 said:
Sounds like evryone falling for the 133 loverly little cars and so fun to drive i think you did the right thing and left the DS3 where it was :lol:

Yeah, the DS felt like a bit of a barge - disappointing especially after the C2s and the AX GT I had in my youth... :|

And the Twingo definitely out-handles the C2, even though it's actually marginally slower in a straight line.

gavin-h":zhb2kf5k said:
Twingogeekeo":zhb2kf5k said:

Yeah, the DS felt like a bit of a barge - disappointing especially after the C2s and the AX GT I had in my youth... :|

And the Twingo definitely out-handles the C2, even though it's actually marginally slower in a straight line.

Striaght line speed dont worry if you cant get round the corner no point in going fast ;)

I would also like to add we done encourage fast driving or racing. If you do like to do it please keep it on the track :)

Twingogeekeo":doz6ae3d said:
Striaght line speed dont worry if you cant get round the corner no point in going fast ;)
Absolutely - you can usually lose them on the twisty bits with a well-sorted chassis... :idea:

Twingogeekeo":doz6ae3d said:
I would also like to add we done encourage fast driving or racing. If you do like to do it please keep it on the track :)
Of cours... where else would you do it :!: