Why o Why o Why.......

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
........ cant you get it in liquid yellow. Such a nice colour.

Attachments

• 3081338834.jpg
    3081338834.jpg
    154.3 KB
I would have waited and waited and waited if there was an option to have liquid yellow...!

I believe it's something to do with the fact that they only spray liquid yellow in the dieppe factory and the twingo is made in a different factory. The liquid yellow twingos you see at some old shows is just a press car unfortunately :(

It is a lovely colour I must admit, would have been good to see an Inferno colours Twingo 133 with the black details as well. :)

Thing is though, they charged £1,200 for liquid yellow on the R26 Meganes!!! Quite a big % of the cost on an RS Twingo if they charged the same.

Twingogeekeo":3jolqg56 said:
Well you would hope so

Exactly, you'd hope!! :lol:

Probably would have been the same across the range though. Thing is it's probably more to do with the painting process rather than cost of the paint itself.

Isn't it triple coated, so coloured primer, paint and lacquer? Or something like that.

it looks a pretty cool colour but i still think i prefer the blue or dust colours plus they must be much easier to live with!

Twingogeekeo":zsi8bylo said:
All car painting is primer paint lacquer

I know that haha, I mean it's coloured primer, coloured lacquer and then the paint. It's the way it's sprayed that I can only assume it's more labour intensive so they charge more for it.

I would imagine on most colours it's just grey/black/white primer, couple of coats of colour and clear lacquer.

Got ya, I heard it was something fancy, someone mentioned coloured primer and all that.

Must be something in how they paint it. Either way, it costs a lot haha.

Erm....am I the only one here that thinks it doesn't quite look right in LY.

By all means, GORGEOUS colour, GORGEOUS car..but the Twingo looks a bit odd in Liquid Yellow IMHO.
It's as if it's asking for 5 Stud Speedlines, HUGE Red Brembos, a Rear Diffuser and Twin Pipes.

Maybe if it was like the White+Black ID pack, only Liquid Yellow and Black, it might look right.

Just my 2 Pence =)

M

More aless your saying a clio?

I personally love it. I agree defusser but no to the twin pipes