Windows 8

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveyb133

Reaction score
Dont know if anyone is interested but theres been a build video for windows 8 released

if any of u have a windows phone then u will see lots of familiar things

[youtube]p92QfWOw88I[/youtube]

I'm staying the hell away from 8 and keep using Windows 7. I've talked to a few tech guys that tried it on their machines already.

Windows 8 is like Windows Vista, something build in between XP and windows 7 to get your money = crap

MovingShadow":3oqzt904 said:
I'm staying the hell away from 8 and keep using Windows 7. I've talked to a few tech guys that tried it on their machines already.

Windows 8 is like Windows Vista, something build in between XP and windows 7 to get your money = crap

vista was just miss-sold. it was very resource hungry so a normal day to day pc couldnt handle it. if you had a really powerful pc then it ran beautifully.

Windows 8 is meant to be less resource hungry than windows 7, im certainly going to give it a try and put windows 7 back on if i dont like it.

Daveyb133":2rf5ajl5 said:
MovingShadow":2rf5ajl5 said:

vista was just miss-sold. it was very resource hungry so a normal day to day pc couldnt handle it. if you had a really powerful pc then it ran beautifully.

Windows 8 is meant to be less resource hungry than windows 7, im certainly going to give it a try and put windows 7 back on if i dont like it.
With Vista, it was as if MS were beta testing on the general public. Patch after patch and some of the hastily released patches making it worse.

I won't be rushing into Win8

Vista was a oddity, They ended up removing so much stuff (new file system etc) that's was in the long horn betas, was a shame, it was never as bad as the media made out.

As dave has said if you had the resources. 4 gig ram min etc vista was fine.

Win 8 based on the devs was a skinned win 7 with better touch screen ui, even build number weren't far from win 7's release build. I'm sure it's moved on past this, i havent tried it since the very early builds. I'll be holding off for a few months. On the plus side I have a license coming to me for free for being part of the early testing.

I have been running Windows 8 Developer Preview for a while now. Since my laptop does not support touch, I am stuck with the new Metro style Start menu. Honestly, it rocks on touch! but I prefer the classic Start menu of Windows 7.

I surfed the web for a while looking up a way to disable the new metro Start menu and use the classic Windows 7 instead. Many websites pointed out that it is controlled through the Windows Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer using the Value of RPEnabled. Metro’s value is 1 and classic Windows 7 is 0.

I decided to ease the toggle by writing an application (called it “Metro Style Toggle”) that updates the RPEnabled registry value. In this post, I will share how I managed to read/write Windows Registry values to switch between the shell styles.

Dont like the look of it at all, think our company will be sticking with XP/7! It really doesnt seem like it would work in an office environment.