Banging noise from suspension ..........

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
....... It might just be my ears playing with my mind. But i sure when i go over a slight bump or somethink theres a bit of a knocking noise coming from my front suspenion :(

I do have the cup pack

Might be normal but seeing i dont drive my car much and when i do i have the music up loud i wont have relised.

Anyone else got this ?

I've got a knock comin from my drivers side on my gt notice it more when it leans my side on roundabouts

Could be quite a few things... Wheels loosened, brakes/calipers loosened, buggered shocks/mounts, driveshafts, track rod ends... Sure there's plenty more that could be possible too, you'd have to go through process of elimination!

A lot if people have had this problem including me. Mine turned out to be a lower wishbone, some people have had problems with driveshafts.

i had issue with my drive shaft. it had become loose, they sorted it for me when it went in for 1st service, is now fine:)

well if u hear it again let me know and il take a look for u :D
but it might cost u :twisted: :twisted:

Ihad a gordini 133 cup 7500 miles .suspension on front collapsed warranty job, now my Silverstone 133 cup gone the same way..... very dissapointed

Tez":1c36d85w said:
Ihad a gordini 133 cup 7500 miles .suspension on front collapsed warranty job, now my Silverstone 133 cup gone the same way..... very dissapointed
How did the suspension collapse? I've not heard of this before are you simply driving too hard and fast over bumps/potholes constantly?

Martin_172":16d0w95y said:
Dazza1":16d0w95y said:
I've got a knock comin from my drivers side on my gt notice it more when it leans my side on roundabouts
that will be an outer ARB droplink I bet

You have replied to a post from 3 years ago ;)

markhardy":3cs7q81c said:
Martin_172":3cs7q81c said:
Dazza1":3cs7q81c said:
that will be an outer ARB droplink I bet

You have replied to a post from 3 years ago ;)

doesn't matter to someone whos searching for a banging noise from their suspension though does it?

Does the GT have a front Anti Roll Bar drop link?
I thought it was bushed onto the wishbone

The RS133 has drop links from the front damper to the ARB,