Exhaust cleaning

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza1

Reaction score
I know we have been over this issue before but my tail pipe is dirty and I can't get it shinny. On my Gt it had the same tip but it came up clean all the tip. So ive had a brain wave I know this sounds mad or silly but I bought some oven pride oven cleaner for the wife to do the oven when I came home I was shocked how well it came out so I'm thinkin the chemical that cleans it do u think it would do just as good on the exhaust tip??

I just thought it would be less strain puttin that stuff on. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow

I use autosol and a really fine grade of wirewool. Comes up a treat

Autoglym metal polish and a cloth does the trick for moi :D

Sometimes a bit of elbow grease if I've left it a while haha

maggi112":226nrkr2 said:
If its a halfords product... The megs nxt (purple pot green lid) has the most bite. Autoglym and autosol both good though.

I use the Megs stuff

I had a plastic bag that blew onto my hot crome exhaust. I tried using goof off which did not work, I also used a straight edge razor but while trying to scrape off the bag, it scratched the crome, so I stopped. Can anyone suggest a cleaner that will easily remove that bag and a product that will remove scratches from the exhaust pipe?

PPUR1702.JPG

works like a charm without scraching it!