Facelift Twingo Gordini @ L'Atelier Renault

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex_225":3cayb23h said:
At least the front end is actually a proper face lift, the rear end is a very lazy styling change.

'Just stick some extra lights on the boot lid'

Thing is even that front end is no better looking than the current RS model anyway. It was the interior that needed the facelift in my opinion, not the outside.

Agreed. They've radically changed the best part of the car and made it look ugly imo. The bits that could do with an update have been left alone.

Pass me the bucket, yes that's right I'm sick of seeing this shite mobile!!!

Yuk! Think our 133s will remain a classic hot hatch before they went fugly

The Gordini's were meant to be limited edition anyway? Surely they must have sold all the current revision Dini's (whether it be the 1.2 or the 133) by now...

jra3d":37shi80v said:
Yuk! Think our 133s will remain a classic hot hatch before they went fugly

I think you could be right there mate. Rare enough to stay interesting but also a damn fine looking small car.

My Mrs picks me up on her way home and everytime I see her car pull in I think, 'That's still a good looking car'. They got the balance of lines and extras just right on the 133. On the new one it just looks a lot less purposeful! :(

As me and Monster said, the interior would probably have been a better update than massive changes to the exterior.

Alex_225":3680wbjd said:
As me and Monster said, the interior would probably have been a better update than massive changes to the exterior.

Indeed , adding recaros or something and maybe alcantara rather then the fabric and they would of been onto a winner

Now you're talking mate, that would have been really nice! :)

I just think that although the ergonimcs of the interior are good, the dash looks a bit awkwards. A bit like where the edge of the dash doesn't meet the wing mirror covers and that kind of thing.

I'm actually quite liking the front..... *run's away to hide behind sofa*. I think an RS version with bigger wheels, wider track and a more squat stance will look well.
The rear isn't to my liking though, lazy styling!

I've just come back from Paris, where I of course made a stop off at L'atelier Renault, and I have to say - I'm kind of reversing my opinion. I actually quite like the new look in person. Looks much better than in all the photo's I've seen.

pt4wZ.jpg

Unfortunately they didn't have an rs there, but I'm now waiting to see one before casting proper judgement.