Handbrake wiring

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan133

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My new headunit need to be connected to my handbrake, does anyone know the best place to take ut to to do it?

Just solder the handbrake cable wire into the negative power or earth wire depending on your headunit ;) works all the time then not just when your handbrake is on

I'd imagine it's more hassle than it's worth to actually get the required wire connected to the handbrake.

All that wire is, is an earth connection that when earthed lets the screen come on, when it's not the screen goes off. You can effectively just earth it to the metal of the head unit itself. That's exactly what I've done on both my DVD player in my 225 and the fold out screen in the Mrs 133.

I know what you mean about wanting to do things properly but it's only 'proper' because legally they say you shouldn't have screen on when you're driving so you're obviously not driving if the handbrake is up. For the hassle involved though, I personally wouldn't go to all that hassle, just don't try and watch a DVD and drive at the same time haha

Alex_225":2y462cul said:
just don't try and watch a DVD and drive at the same time haha
As that would probably be classed as driving without due care and attention if you can see the screen whilst theres a video playing.

Exactly, often with DVD players if you've got a DVD playing you can fold in the screen or actually turn it off in the menu somewhere.

Or just play audio CDs when you're driving, easiest thing. :)