Hankook K107 S1 Evo Tyres

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
For the price of these im very impressed if im honest. I did say i would keep to Contis but may have changed my mind now.

From what my tyre supplier told me the Hankooks are the same as the Michelins. They wanted to sell them out across the world but knew they would need to drop the price so released Hankooks. He says they are the same as a michelin branded tyre with all the same compoud and treads. Just called hankook to sell them as they didnt want to de-value there brand name of michelin.

Im told conti and matador is the same.

Hankook Tires stays in contact with the road. Backed by its Kontrol Technology, the company is South Korea's largest radial tire manufacturer for cars, trucks, and buses; customers include Audi, Daihatsu, Ford, General Motors, Renault, Volkswagen, and Volvo. Established in 1941, Hankook also makes inner tubes and sells tires to the international automotive aftermarket. The company has four regional headquarters, five worldwide research and development centers, and a global sales network spanning over 180 countries. The company began producing tires at its newest manufacturing plant in Hungary in 2007. Michelin owns about 10% of Hankook.

https://www.answers.com/topic/hankook-tire

https://www.michelin.com/corporate/EN/news/finance/article?articleID=N22915
Michelin Increases its Stake in Hankook Tyres to nearly 10%

06/27/2008

(Paris – June 27, 2008) - Michelin announced today that it has increased its equity investment in Hankook Tyres to nearly 10%.

Michelin acquired a 6.3% stake in Hankook Tyres in March 2006 and increased its holding to 8.9% on June 18, 2008.
https://www.michelin.com/corporate/EN/news/finance/article?articleID=NCGEM-announces-the-launch-of-the-sale-by-CFM-of-its-stake-in-Hankook-Tire-Co-Ltd
11/08/2011

Compagnie Financière Michelin, a 100% owned subsidiary of Compagnie Générale des Etablissements Michelin, has launched today the sale of up to 15,195,587 shares of Hankook Tire, representing approximately 9.98% of the share capital of this company, via an institutional private placement by way of an accelerated bookbuilding.

Hankook Tire is the leading tire manufacturer in Korea and its shares are listed on the KOSPI Market of the Korea Exchange (the “KRX”). The sale of this financial shareholding is part of the Group’s efforts to optimize its portfolio, in line with the new growth strategy it presented a year ago and reiterated, in particular, during the October 2011 investor day. In improving its liquidity position, the proceeds of the sale will allow the Group to accelerate its industrial strategy in high-growth markets, in particular by optimizing and strengthening plants dedicated to the production of entry-level and medium-range segment (“Tier 2” and “Tier 3”) products in the passenger car and truck tire markets.

So Michelin will soon be selling off their shares anyway ;)

Just put a set of these on mine, im impressed with them so far and for the price I cant complain :)

They peform really well too, get good grip in both dry and wet conditions

Tempted to put a set of these on mine this weekend instead of the Conti's. Anyone running them at the moment?

Ive got these on mine. Good performance in the wet as well as dry conditions. Road noise wise I can't comment as i can only say its quieter than having no back box :lol:

Running these on mine at the moment. Would certainly recommend them, got good grip in wet and dry conditions.
They give the Michelins a good run for their money.

They appear to be wearing well too which is a bonus :)

I have these on my Twingo RS and I would say that they are giving the conti's a very good run for the money. Not quite as good in the wet as conti's but not very far off, who drives very fast in the wet on the road anyway. Highly recommended and £30 cheaper a tyre than conti's you cant go wrong :)

Just ordered a set to be fitted at camskill this weekend. As much as I would like to keep running the Conti's I Cant justify spending £110 on a tyre at the moment especially if these are just as good!

I'll probably go for a nice cheap set of t1 rs as after a while 2-3 months of owning the car i think i need fresh fronts soon lol!