*HELP*MOT Emissions failure again!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh they gave me a printout. C02 went 0.19% limit is 0.20%, hydrocarbons 38ppm, lambda 998

The printout for the failed mot went C02 1.8% hydrocarbons 368ppm and lambda 1090

Took the car to renault this morning for an Mot as they passed the emissions on their last test. Now they are saying that it has failed the mot emissions test WTF!!!!!!!!

Were the results similar to the previous failure, which was definately running rich. Unburnt hydrocarbons and Lambda being too high and, high CO levels indicating too much fuel to the amount of avaliable oxygen as the cat didn't have any avaliable oxygen to convert it all to CO2.

Or was it a marginal fail?

Yeh the results were a similar failure to the previous test.

C02 going 1.3% this time, I didnt see the hydrocarbon reading or the lambda reading but I'm pretty sure that they passed.

CO2 (carbon dioxide) should be high (about 15%) indicating the catalyst is fully conerting the combustion gasses into Nitrogen, CO2 and water.

High CO (carbon monoxide) would often indicate the air fuel ratio being fuel rich

Yes sorry CO is high.

just heard back from Renault a min ago, they checked all the lambda sensors no fault on any of them. So they did a factory reset on the computer and it has now sailed through the emissions test :)