Hi guys

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiya :mrgreen:

I'm Steve, owner of Madison Motorsport UK. Proud owner of a 2011 61 plate Twingo Dynamique in black. I would have bought a 133 but the deal on this was too good to refuse.

I guess being in my mid-late 30's I'm probably older than most of you on here. Am I having an early mid life crisis I wonder?

The wife's been using the Twingo for the last couple of months since I took her Megane off the road for piston rings and oil stem seals. I drove it for the first time in months yesterday and I've come to a staggering conclusion - It needs a turbo! Hence my joining here :mrgreen:

I've not done any road car modding for a while. I'm not into making brash style statements, I'd rather have a wolf in sheep's clothing - looks pretty standard but has the power to eat Mercs and Audis for breakfast :twisted:

Anyone on here already turbo'd a Phase 2 Twingo 1.2?

I know, that's not why I said it, it was my response to the last sentence

welcome to the best place for twingo's steve! let me get this right, your story was a little vague .. made out like you wanted to turbo the megane? but i'm guessing you're meaning that you want to turbocharge the twingo dynamique? in which case your dynamique use the D4F engines and the TCE's use the D4FT. do you have an old twingo or an old clio that has the D7F? if so, i am sure they were 8 valves mostly and in terms of C:R isn't best suited to forced induction

Welcome to the club :) Your best bet is to contact Jordysport and plonk a 182 engine in there. Will most likely work out cheaper than turboing the twingo

My bad, typo in my other thread. I should have put D4F (16v VVT), not D7F :oops: 4 and 7 are one above the other on the number pad.

Note to self: preview before you post

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes. Yes it's the Twingo I want to turbo. I did consider the GT as a donor but wasn't sure if it had a compatible manifold, etc. being a different engine. I thought that the Clio would be a cheaper donor and it's the same basic engine block.

The 172 sounds interesting :geek: Shame there's no way the V6 will fit :(

I do have one or two cosmetic mods planned but nothing major. Limo black the rear quarters and rear screen and a spoiler. As far as external mods go that's it (I hope I don't get carried away lol)