New headunit HELP!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan133

Reaction score
Right hey guys,

Just got myself a new headunit, a fold out screen pioneer unit. But basically it doesnt tilt forward enough so i either i put the whole unit right in to the facia and it wont open orrrr let the uni stck out an inch from the facia and it works perfect :)

So what im going to do is take off my surronding plate (facia) and build up the side to make it look oem. Not sure what stuff to use tho.. Do i just use filler or fibre glass sheets? Or is there somthig perfect for the job?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jordan

It's a low temperature plastic, that comes in granules. The granules can be melted together in hot water, then moulded by hand or tools to make parts.

Although now, I'm having doubts that the temperatures of direct sun in a car could make it soften

Are you not able to connect up the head unit, open the screen and set the screen angle right forward?

Only reason I ask is that the one in my Mrs 133 has two buttons on the screen to tilt it forward or back. When set to it's most forward setting it sits just right against the heater controls. Only thing I could see being a problem is the control knobs as hers has the climate control so they are almost flat.