Non cup question

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose there is one more option to search for in the renault to go list - a gordini 133. That would get you the cup wheels - and plenty of luxury touches ;)

where r u based? might be close to someone on here to show u their one with cup chassis and can go out in it to see how harsh it is.

i personally dont find the cup that harsh.

I would put a pic up but tapatalk won't let me if Karl would be nice like he always is he could put the link up of when I bought it
Toni133 also has a nice light Gray non cup 133

Sent from my iPhone 4 using tapatalk

We're based in North London.

For me being harsh isn't a problem, neither the girlfriend as she had a cooper s lowered with runflats and that was stiff.

I'm just worried now as she'd lose her deposit.

I've been looking at them and they look so much better slightly lower with the cup wheels.

Also from what I've seen online whether it be pistonheads or autotrader the majority have the cup pack, sods law my girlfriend puts money down on the rarer twingo without cup option.

Well I'm Watford way. But there's a fair few of us meeting on the 10th you could look at a variety of twingos. Tbh the dealer should have explained the differences as part of the sale and should offer you at least a refund on the deposit. See if Karl can find at work of any known cups. I was told there were non in stock but I was informed on here of one at jaybe and my dealer brought it in at a price I was happy to pay for me when I told them about it

Right after a chat we've decided we're going to call dealer and tell them we're going elsewhere.

We will lose deposit but we'd rather lose deposit than buy a car ne with every optionwe don't really want.

I've picked her out a lovely one with nearly every option, less mileage and cheaper than the one we put a deposit on.

Just hope it's still for sale when I call tomorrow as website might not have been updated or something.

I'm sure you won't walk away with nothing? Any reputable dealer would have a clause allowing you your deposit back. Tbh the terms ive read have allowed it but my last 2 cars have been ordered new so never asked for one back

You might want to reach out to the dealers better nature and see of you can get them to return the deposit. Perhaps you're more likely to go there for servicing etc than elsewhere if they're willing to return it.
If that fails, you could write to RUK and see if they're willing to try and help you out

I've seen one for sale with cup chassis, cruise control, climate control, panoramic sunroof etc

None of us are bothered about most of them but to put into perspective it's much cheaper than the one at local dealer.

I don't think we'll get deposit back, car was used and deposit was put on it after viewing and each of us test driving vehicle, dealer is a franchise.

Would be good if we did get it back, even renault customer relations said dealer does not have to give it back.

Anyone got any ideas what I could say to try and get it back? At the end of the day it's simply because we've changed our mind and seen a better one (or rather loads) elsewhere

buy mine ;)

its so cheap. i will sell it u for 5k as your a member on here ;)

its a full fat, with pretty much every option going :) and it has the cup chassis

but seriously, the cup chassis is the car to get, u ask anyone who has a renault sport and they all say they are glad they got the cup car

none cup cars still look sweet though, theres a blue one and a mirage grey one on here and i like both of them!!

I think the non cup wheels look ok on certain colours.

Options aside we can get a 10 plate with barely any mileage cheaper than the 09 plate we put a deposit down on.

I blame the girlfriend as she wanted to rush into it lol, although to be fair I'm the same when buying something.

Ah yeah that's the colour that looks good with the 16" wheels.

It's the one I could find in google search and on youtube videos with the non cup wheels, the only other video was the one with alonso driving the twingo (was red non cup)

As you say it's easier to comment when you're not buying, most of us have been there, we see a car we like and get excited.

I just wonder what the dealer will say tomorrow, some people have told me they reckon dealer will try and do a better deal. Although that won't make a difference.

Another positive of getting a 2010 is obviously more manufacturer warranty too.

I tell you what though, if it was my choice I'd love a silverstone edition, they look sexy.

I hadn't even thought about these cars but I'm starting to want one for myself now.

They are rare, and cheap to insure, slower than what I'm driving at the minute but I'm getting tired of road noise and lack of rear seats.

Could always go for a his and hers pair of twingos lol

His n hers twingos = sweet :p

What do you drive now? Tbh you can't really beat it for smiles per mile and you can still own a lot of more powerful cars through the twisties. Its refreshing having a chassis outshine the engine

I have a full fat with the cup pack, you definitely get a lot of road noise from the 17" s . it would do my head in if I was using it on the motorway a lot

i think it just depends becasue i have driven mine a few times now from london down to plymouth and dont find it to bad on the motorway. just turn on the radio and drive with a huge smilie on face. like a lo of people have been saying on here its a car that certainly makes u smile with every mile