Power issue on Mk. II Twingo (2011)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacmharris31

Reaction score
Hey guys! First post I think! 🥳

I have a really weird issue with the ignition on my 2011 Twingo…

Basically, on Friday the ignition lost power as I turned the key, the radio, all electronics bar the hazard lights and sidelights were completely dead. When I turned the key, nothing at all… no click, no signs of life… This happened a few weeks ago and pulling and resitting the 5A fuse sorted the issue.

On friday though, this didn’t work, I ended up checking the fuses and relays, disconnecting the ignition battery, and checking all the connections…. Checked for continuity on the ignition switch etc… Battery is giving me good voltage and is brand new so I know it’s not that. After disconnecting and reconnecting everything from the battery, the relay box, the passenger fuse box and the actual ignition switch… the igniton came back to life and has worked until today, where it’s gone again.

Today I tried the same solution, and found that disconnecting and reconnecting the battery allowed power to the ignition, but then when I dropped the bonnet and went round to the cabin, the power had died again…. I tried turning the engine on before closing the bonnet, and that prevented the car from dying… So managed to get the car moving at least.

Is this an immobiliser or ECU fault? Given there’s absolutely no power to the accessories or the ignition I’m not so sure, especially because disconnecting the battery didn’t help initially, but doing so seemed to reset the system this morning? Has anyone got an idea with this? 🤣