Proxy's 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peugeot and Citroën still use the tu engine that was fitted I'm the ax today not far of 30 years since it was first used.

gsidave":7af4pt4p said:
Peugeot and Citroën still use the tu engine that was fitted I'm the ax today not far of 30 years since it was first used.

That should be enough explained about how great the engine is ;)

Just to keep you warm...

Tomorrow (independently from getting it, when my birthday is :D), I will get my new RS.
Told you a few days/ weeks ago of a little white cuty... here it is
(sorry for that crappy Phone-Picture @ Vendor... hq pictures are comming very soon! :D )

img0210z.jpg

Bet you're getting excited to get it now. Good present for yourself too :D

Proxy":1y25hxau said:
gsidave":1y25hxau said:
The ax looks nice and clean, don't see many of those nowadays !
You say it's a sport is that a 1.3 or is it the 1.4 gt ? Sorry I've heard of the sport just never seen one.

Its a 1,3 ;-) the 1.4 engine is in the "Citroen AX GT", built later than the Sport, the GT has a bit more power but was more made for "luxury", the "Sport" is more made for fun ;-)
My AX had an engine-tuning about 20 years ago, the whole engine was re-newed with rally-parts... sounds very nice ;-) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws2HW_kSJK0 thats mine :-D )

#edit: wrong forum, I know, but for those who are interested:
https://skyed.de/2011/09/citroen-ax-sport.html
Pics of the AX ;-)
Takes me back - I had an "Alpine White" AX GT about 20 years ago. Performance was VERY similar to the Twingo 133 - 0-60mph (0-100km/h) in about 8 seconds, and awesome handling....

Now we move on, and 50bhp and 20kg more gives the same result in a car the same size!!!

But it was the fun I had with that AX GT that made me go back to "hot hatches" after the family grew up and left home ;)

gsidave":1euwzfp9 said:
Gavin the twingo rs is around 200 kg heavy than the ax gt.
Thanks - I missed a nought off there :oops:

Crazy that they've added 200kg to an 11-foot long car for no benefit except to INCREASE the fuel-consumption in these envorinmentally-aware times...

What you have bear in mind are the extra safety bits like airbags, then you have aircon all what we now class as mandatory in modern cars. They all add weight.

gavin-h":23d4avjf said:
Oh, I know - but its all crap really. Air con? Open a window. Airbags? Don't crash. ;)

Its easy to say 'dont crash' but you may not crash but it other fucktwats on the road that are the danger. So airbag are a nesasary and have saved thousands of lives just the same as seat belts do.

Can't say thing about the AX GT, but the Sport (our one!) is about ~800kg, means that my twingo is ~300kg heavyer (the twingo is about ~1.100kg, isnt it? have to look.. :x)

If someone would crash inside me in a Twingo, I think im kinda safe... not really, but there are chances to get out alive (as seen with my crash there.. that old fart wasnt really slow!).
If someone would crash inside me in an AX... better not let that happen, jump out the window or the door before an another car hits you...!

Ollie133cup":2ogs7b88 said:
Its easy to say 'dont crash' but you may not crash but it other fucktwats on the road that are the danger. So airbag are a nesasary and have saved thousands of lives just the same as seat belts do.

Personally I'ld prefer a cage instead of airbags. A bit more expensive, but inside a cage I also would feel a bit more safer - also 4 or 6-point belts would also deal with it. Sadly its a bit expensive :/

gavin-h":18upools said:
gsidave":18upools said:
Gavin the twingo rs is around 200 kg heavy than the ax gt.
Thanks - I missed a nought off there :oops:

Crazy that they've added 200kg to an 11-foot long car for no benefit except to INCREASE the fuel-consumption in these envorinmentally-aware times...
All cars have got bigger though so it's all relevant. Look at the mk1 Clio and the mk3 Clio bet they have added half a tonne there.

The AX is really flimsy... Close the door and you know, the Twingo RS is like a proper car! For todays standards it is in compact dimensions, but thank the bastard it is wider en higher too than an AX! Even taller people can sit normally in a Twingo...
Let's choose both car and one block of concrete and crash into it... I'll keep my Twingo RS then...