rear speakers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan133

Reaction score
If you didn't purchase the sound pack and only have front speakers is it possible to fit some on the rear? do they leave wires behind to plug some new ones in?

Yeah you can still fit rear ones. As far as I know some people had wiring already there and others have had to run wiring

yea all the stuffs there.
the connector is pluged into the rear door card so you just need speakers :mrgreen:

Ahh sweet :D need to find out where i can purchase renault twingo rear speakers :/ might be tricky lol

renault might b a good place to start ;)

or just measure the space (speaker hole) and then get some good speakers from a sterio shop :mrgreen:
u just have to cut the connectoer off and attach the wiring

A renault dealer or just get a set of 13cm speakers as thats the size ;)

would be much cheaper (and better quality) to get aftermarket ones

Jordan133":1yldzj8t said:
never play my music RIDICULOUSLY loud lol just some sound sent to the back for my buddies lol

sound quality would be much better :mrgreen:
(depending on which speakers you bought)

I'm I right in thinking some of the later twingos didn't come with rear speaker wiring ? I've pulled my radio out and the iso wiring plug didn't even have the wires there ?

It seems to be very hit and miss wether you have wiring for dash tweeters and rear speakers. Obviously cars with the soundpack rear speakers will have the wiring and speakers, but some cars appear to have the same wiring loom carried over even though they aren't specified with speakers. Others are without the wires or speakers.

Same seems to be with the dash tweeters and the wiring being present or not.

When I get round to doing mine I'm gonna buy an iso plug, and use a coupe of the connectors and plug them into the oem one. and wire in rear speakers. The only thing I find that let's the car down is the standard steel is so quiet.

i couldnt be bothered with the iso plug for the sake of two speakers, i guess the other option is to run the wiring from the existing iso plug where there is no speaker wire coming out of it if that makes sense

how have people found removing the rear panel to get to the speaker fitting? I really want to fit some rear speakers, and have done so in old cars which I have not cared so much about, but my 133 is the newest car I'v ever own and really dont want to make any marks or cause any damage. Is it a easy job? or is it worth paying Renault to fit them?