Standard factory tyre settings for Twingo Sport 59 Reg

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janner66

Reaction score
Hi,

My car is nearly 3 years old now so it will have to go in for its first MOT plus I am considering the third year service too.
I am pretty sure it is going to need new tyres on at least the front to pass the MOT.
I was looking online and they are asking for the following:

Width
Wheel Size
Load Rating
Speed Rating

I have had a look through the drivers manual but there is no tyre info in there at all.
Can anyone help me to fill in the blanks for a 59 reg Twingo Sport with Cup chassis please.

Thanks.

just to confirm, are they the 16 non cup, or 17 inch cup wheels?

Looking on the sidewall of your tyre would confirm this if your unsure. You will see the size embossed as something like...
195/45/16 for a tyre 195mm wide and 45% profile on a 16" wheel on the non cup.
195/40/17 for a tyre 195mm wide and 40% profile on a 17" wheel for the cup.

The wheel size, you can take from the tyres. There's no way that anyone can get a 16" tyre on a 17" wheel, or vice-versa and it still hold air.

As for tyres sizes, speed ratings, pressure and load index's, there should be a sticker in the driver's door shut, giving all of the correct information. :)

Thanks for all your replies. Some drunk tw*t kicked my door a couple of years ago and I had to have it replaced. The garage that did it forgot to put the sticker back on the door and when I complained they got one from somewhere but there was huge confusion as to what everything should be. I seriously doubt the sticker is reliable.

I have the cup chassis so I have 17" wheels.

Thanks for all your quick replies. Now to search for a good deal.

Width 195
Profile 40
Wheel Size 17
Load Rating 81XL (Extra Load or Reinforced)
Speed Rating V

although 205/40/17 are an alternative which many of us have used on the cup wheels even with a slight lowering ,without issues. they usualy have a higher load rating of 84 if i remember correctly. They are a more common size and therefore easier to get and normaly slightly cheaper. If your thinking of a full set.

Here's a quick pic of the sticker from my 133. You can check yours against it if you want to make sure it's right

TMksw.jpg

Thanks Dr Drew. That was very thoughtful of you. I will have a look tomorrow. Cheers.

Araf":2i5tfazb said:
Interesting tyre pressures. My Wind also has an additional pressure for economy. :eek:
Thats because our Wind isn't an 'official' RS but yea, mine has an extra economy tab as well.