Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps renault UK have extended to 4 years, but not in Poland?

Mine went in today to have both lower suspension arms replaced.

Its come back fine, no clunking on full lock, steering wheel still nicely centred after they checked and adjusted all the tracking.
They also replaced the seals on my scuttle panel (f.o.c) and the tech said there was a good old gap in the whole assembly before.
Its nicely sealed and all been fully tightened now.

All in all, a pretty good experience from Lincoln Renault (Co-op)
Excellent service from Emma and Sam, very very surprised at their efficiency and how polite they are too.
Even the tech who had repaired the car came out and told me what he'd done.

Nice new Clio courtesy car for me borrow for the day too.

I will certainly give them a call next time I need anything doing/servicing etc.

singlespeed":nfee0jj0 said:
^^^ good to hear decent service and customer care

Yeah, I WOULD actually go back there too.

For the stamp in the book and the £130 fixed price service I expect.

Ive just had my lower arms replaced for the second time in three years, ive only done 15,000 miles aswell! Luckily it was under warranty. To top it off each time ive visited a renault dealer ive had shocking service...bit fed up :(

This time I took it in for an MOT and asked them to check the lower arms as they had gone before (knowing that they had gone this time again because my bfs a mechanic and checked them!) yet wen i got the phone call to say all is done with my car and there was nothing wrong i was a bit confused :-s

I asked my bf to check this and they had just wiped the grease away and said they wer okay, yet the rubbers had split :(

If id of just left it to renault I would of been driving around with this problem.
They re-checked my car after we insisted they had gone and had to back track and say they needed doing!

I love my twingo but seriously thinking of selling it now after all the problems.

Thought id share my story :)

That's great. Coop never have any renaultsports when I go in there, but the mazda guys always happy to chat. I've sat in the nice red and black mx5 they had a while ago a few times. I may be using them for my next service so good to hear this!

JMR":27poh1f7 said:
Mine went in today to have both lower suspension arms replaced.

Its come back fine, no clunking on full lock, steering wheel still nicely centred after they checked and adjusted all the tracking.
They also replaced the seals on my scuttle panel (f.o.c) and the tech said there was a good old gap in the whole assembly before.
Its nicely sealed and all been fully tightened now.

All in all, a pretty good experience from Lincoln Renault (Co-op)
Excellent service from Emma and Sam, very very surprised at their efficiency and how polite they are too.
Even the tech who had repaired the car came out and told me what he'd done.

Nice new Clio courtesy car for me borrow for the day too.

I will certainly give them a call next time I need anything doing/servicing etc.

That's where I went last year however they charged me for bits on the service that couldn't have been changed as they aren't physically on the car as its a cup. However they were all friendly and polite.
I'll have to go back soon as the service is due in 1k however I believe the arms need doing as the car isn't feeling to great ATM, I'm hoping it's just the bad roads making it feel loose.
Mines almost 3 years old so surely the arms are about to go.

Can't remember if this has been touched on but it effects winds too. As my friends has just gone in for them

jra3d":5fuhajai said:
Can't remember if this has been touched on but it effects winds too. As my friends has just gone in for them
This thread has been mentioned on the Wind forum as well so we've been warned.
Last week when I changed to my wintertyres I kept my eye on them but for now, they seem fine.

LUCY133CUP":2rgnwskj said:
Ive just had my lower arms replaced for the second time in three years, ive only done 15,000 miles aswell! Luckily it was under warranty. To top it off each time ive visited a renault dealer ive had shocking service...bit fed up :(

This time I took it in for an MOT and asked them to check the lower arms as they had gone before (knowing that they had gone this time again because my bfs a mechanic and checked them!) yet wen i got the phone call to say all is done with my car and there was nothing wrong i was a bit confused :-s

I asked my bf to check this and they had just wiped the grease away and said they wer okay, yet the rubbers had split :(

If id of just left it to renault I would of been driving around with this problem.
They re-checked my car after we insisted they had gone and had to back track and say they needed doing!

I love my twingo but seriously thinking of selling it now after all the problems.

Thought id share my story :)

Ah thats not good to hear! Nothing worse than when your not enjoying owning and driving your car...

I would advice contacting Renault UK before getting any warranty work carried out. Of all the stories ive heard, the majority of bad experiences are when cars are taken straight to the dealer. If you contact Renault first they look into things in far more detail and know very well the issues surrounding the ball joints on Twingos.

Mine split about 6 months ago so I rang Renault and they arranged for it to be looked at about a week later. I mentioned it is a common problem and they should check the Renaultsport forum (which they did!). I had constant updates from a Customer Service manager when my car was dropped off and it was changed the very next day, no questions asked.

When in doubt contact Renault UK :)

Just rang Renault Lookers Chester about these, as the rubber is perished on mine, they tried to tell me that its not common for them to go!!! Ha I was tempted to point them in this direction!!!

goood news boys and girls as you all know my second set of lower suspension arms sey goodbye, but have putted reclamation to Renault Poland becouse this is a common froblem (they have no idea till now) and a car is year after warranty.....
so after few weeks of callin and conntacting with Renault France I have decision....
Renault will cover 90% all costs of changing arms.
but the most important Renault France will send me new arms with upgrated cover of balljoint with long warranty on this part.... :cool:
I love my Twingo again... ;)

Don't suppose you could try and find out when this uprated part was released? Could come in handy for some of us that have had replacements to investigate into if we have the uprated ones or not.

Car back in next week - not 100% happy with tracking as it now pulls to left, and steering groans when turning slowly on drive.
Pity.

I had a call from RUK customer service doing a survey as to my thoughts too.
I gave good feedback but reserved a couple of marks until this is sorted to my satisfaction.

If there's one thing that loads of people can 'do' but not do either correctly or to your satisfaction is fcuking tracking!!!

I re-booked in and the girl on service desk apologised for the tracking not being quite right.
(not very often you get an apology off anyone these days so that was nice)

I'm going in to the city next week anyway, so they said drop it in (as i drive right past) and they will drop me off at the shops and pick me back up when its done.

I hope the tracking is spot on this time as the customer service is very good.