Trackday Photos

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt":1ggrf4qv said:
Second photo looks like the alloy is almost on the floor... That's some heavy cornering! lol

The lean is a bit furious lol

That is at the bottom of The Mountain at Cadwell.

NOOOOOOOOO i have odd wheels on. pmsl, the shame of it.
but i love the fact they got 3 twingo shot, like a said before i think you'd either had gone past us at that point or were catching up. would of been class to get all 4 in :)

just saw your comment Turbo, i will hunt down the times for you, but we were running on halfords cheap tyres :(

Silverstone-August2010-174540x359_Gallery.jpg

Thanks inspector, I would've had no idea what with being there myself ;)

Al":go3x4pb6 said:
Thanks inspector, I would've had no idea what with being there myself ;)

Only pointing something out no need to get ya knickers in a twist ;)

Here's a photo of the guy running CS3's doing a tripod.

bedford-june2010-197540x359_Gallery.jpg

That's me! Although I think I was passenger at the point, it was either my bf or my uncle driving. Pretty obvious as they were trying to kiss people's rear bumpers the whole day!!

you guys were in the same pit lane as my father and I. had an awesome day, have to group twingos up together next time :)

some great photos!!

on another note, how many sets of alloys do u have??

Looks like fun Al. Glad you managed to get hold of a photo cocking the inside rear?

DrDrew":3lri5zet said:
Looks like fun Al. Glad you managed to get hold of a photo cocking the inside rear?

It was but a bit too far to drive for 40 mins on track :?

Luck of the draw with rear wheel lift shots; I've been pretty lucky the past two years though, have managed to get one on every trackday.

If anyones interested have a look at the full set of photos on the RS site of Bedford. Being very wet there are some classic not-on-the-racing-line shots of loads of cars! :lol:

sdr89":17maln09 said:
Some cracking shots
How was the handling in the wet with toyo's on??

Considering the state of them, surprisingly good. The track was waterlogged; the main straight had me spinning in every gear up to 4th due to the standing water and Stowe had a river running through it that caused major understeer problems for the 888 users.

Having said that they must be pretty capable; if you look at the second shot you can see I got a rear wheel up on the dry racing line so the front nearside must've been cutting the water fairly effectively.

FYI for those that don't know, the dry racing lines and wet racing lines are different. Wet, generally speaking involves driving around the outside part of a corner where the turning angle is less hard. To get a rear wheel up in the pouring rain on a dry racing line on worn 888s shows the grip available (or stupid confidence of the driver :lol: )