Trendlines

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggi200

Reaction score
Assume they'll fit side by side with room to spare. I love these, and since I always wanted a trophy but realised the 133 was as much fun and cheaper to run the only thing I need is them seats!

So if I can get hold of some (which I'm hoping my mate has come up trumps) I assume I'll need a new frame to fit them? Or how does the clio differ and could it be easily modified?

The Clio and Twingo seating mounts are different but unfortunately I can't remember how much different. I tried fitting a Clio subframe before giving up and purchasing Twingo subframes as there was going to be too much work involved.

I believe the Twingo mounting positions are wider, so you'd need to make an extension somewhere. They won't fit straight in.

Fair enough. Just seen a pic of the seats and I'm not happy with them. The first fag burn has put me off. But I do want some and if I'm going to upgrade its oem all the way. What was in the megane 230? We're they Trendlines also?

My OMP subframes will be up for grabs shortly if you're going to go down the route of using OMP ones...

Do you think they could make tailored subframes so that you could seat even lower with stock seats? Did send them an email, but never got the answer so if anyone rings them, could he ask them about it? Would be grateful for info ;)

Cheers

Matthias":2i5ww77c said:
Do you think they could make tailored subframes so that you could seat even lower with stock seats? Did send them an email, but never got the answer so if anyone rings them, could he ask them about it? Would be grateful for info ;)

Cheers

I like the sound of that!

Extremely! I'm getting very excited. Since I'm not from UK, could someone make that call and perhaps explain it better than I did in an email (no reply yet). On the other hand I just spoke to my friend (mechanic at Renault) and he said that tailoring new subframes would probably be impossible. However, I'm getting more and more info about Recaros (from Clio + Megane) being available as an option for new facelifted Twingo RS + they should fit in anyhow - this is all unofficial still ;)

Cheers!

This just came in:

Unfortunately, OMP subframes will not be suitable for OE seats.

Regards.

Shame :(