Twingo group test in the Scottish highlands

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee133

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just posted this on the RenaultSport Forum, so I thought I'd post it up on here too.....

I have just returned for a 1800 miles round trip from the lake district to the Scottish highlands and back via the Yorkshire dales in my Twingo. The 6 day tour was organised by Petrolhead Nirvana and consisted of 10 other cars including 2 Lotus Elises, a Lotus Carlton, various BMWs namely the 130, Z3M roadster, 650 and the brand new 1M, a Toyata Celica and 2 Porche 911s.

On paper the Twingo is by far the slowest car out of these and I was very worried that we would be left behind, but because of the very twisty, bumpy and often wet roads, we could often be found chasing down the lead car at the front of the pack. In spite of the fact that we averaged only 25 mpg, picked up numerous stone chips and in dire need of new front tyres, it was definitely worth it. Especially with comments such as “Hope I’m not holding you up” from one of the Elises and “What engine’s in that? 2 Litres?” from the Lotus Carlton! :lol:

The Twingo also won the title of the most surprising car on tour and I think managed to change many people’s perceptions of the baby RenaultSport. Well done RenaultSport for creating such an awesome car!

Please follow the link below for some of the photos I took from the tour. If anyone has any questions, please ask!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross_jan/sets/72157626777385906/with/5746199616/

Jan

Some gorgeous pics and some gorgeous roads, I'd love to do something like this once I had a bit more expendable income :)

Hope the state of the front of your Twingo's from Bugs, Dirt and such, not all stone chips :(

madmatt":133cpool said:
Some gorgeous pics and some gorgeous roads, I'd love to do something like this once I had a bit more expendable income :)

Hope the state of the front of your Twingo's from Bugs, Dirt and such, not all stone chips :(

I've been on 2 tours with them now and am planninng to do a 3rd next year. Check out their website at www.petrolheadnirvana.com. It is pretty reasonable really - you wouldn't be able to do it for much cheaper on your own and the people are amazing.

Twingo's now been cleaned and it is a different colour on the front bottom corner panels due to the sand blasting it. Got lots of tiny chips too, but hey I'm not that precious about it and it can be sorted later on down the line. As I said it was worth it all.

Some amazing photos!! I'm from the Scottish highlands, my Twingo has suffered severely from stone chips! As u say, there ain't much you can do unless u respray etc! On my last trip to applecross, I had to replace the while windscreen, and the glass in my fog lamp was broken! So need a whole new fog lamp! Anyway, there are some great roads in Scotland!!!