Twingo gt lowering

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not hard at all man. i've had them on for over a year now, no problems to report whatsoever. if you do go for them, let me know and i'll get my car on the ramp at work and show you what you need to do (or can give you pics to show to a mechanic) so that you can see what i've done to mines when you compare them to your gt ones if you get me!

what i'll do for you mate, is a ''how to'' thread with pictures and a step by step guide on how to install coilovers on a GT (any other coilovers will be the same process) and i'll list all the tools you'll need which will merely be a socket set, spanners, allen keys & a set of spring compressors (or you can skip this stage as it's quite dangerous) which you'll require if you want to re-use the top mounts and bearings from the front struts.

theres already a how to for the 133, so it's probably worthwhile to do one for the GT although both are fairly similar

oscar":xn0aqa1z said:
what i'll do for you mate, is a ''how to'' thread with pictures and a step by step guide on how to install coilovers on a GT (any other coilovers will be the same process) and i'll list all the tools you'll need which will merely be a socket set, spanners, allen keys & a set of spring compressors (or you can skip this stage as it's quite dangerous) which you'll require if you want to re-use the top mounts and bearings from the front struts.

theres already a how to for the 133, so it's probably worthwhile to do one for the GT although both are fairly similar
Except for the 1.2 being different by having its front anti rollbar attached to the lower arm instead of the damper body, there basically the same 1.2, 1.2tce, 133.

There's the how to guide for fitting lowering springs, so that pretty much covers coilovers too. The difference being, coil over springs are shorter again, but come with an adjustable perch to go under the spring that allows the ride height to be raised/lowered. You will also be replacing the dampers instead of refitting the originals.

oscar":2hufu0oq said:

If you could do that it would be ace, I'm an apprentice mechanic myself, so I should be able to manage
Cheers

One thing I would recommend is replace the bolts used to secure the shocks to the hub (in fact it goes for all the bolts around the suspension - they are all as soft as cheese), they are a one shot deal and will stretch when you redo them, I've fitted allen head bolts with a tensile strength of 12.9 which means you can undo them without the worry of the bolt snapping / stretching, plus I've fitted some Ebach camber bolts to get the set-up I wanted as I've got K-tec sold top mounts fitted to my Bilstein coilovers. :cool: ;)

Rob.

yeah it's best practice to renew any bolts that hold together major parts of the chassis such as what rob just mentioned. it's not mentioned in renaults dialogys or on auto data though. you can however reuse the bolts, i've not encountered any problems with reusing suspension bolts on renaults at least but i know BMW's are hiddeous for their use of stetch bolts. you'll be able to get some new bolts from a motorfactors for a pound or two :)

i'd advise anyone to get into the routine of renewing the bolts!