Wheel brush

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
About time i stopped being a tight arse and bought a real wheel cleaning brush instead of using a old sponge that saw its day about 2 years ago :lol:

Any help will be great :)

i use a 69p wilko washing up brush, best thing ive ever bought!! brings the wheels up lovely with meguiars wheel cleaner

I use a lambswool finger mitt for wheels (but it's expensive!) and am on the look out for wheel woolies atm (even more expensive, look at them on polished bliss' website to see just how expensive they are). For other peoples wheels I usually use a daytona brush or an ez mini brush. The mini will struggle to get to the backs of wheels wider than 6j though.

For the faces I use envy brushes (5 for £10 or so from envy valeting)

Matt":3q00gbf5 said:
Why do you even have a sponge in the first place...? :eek:

Get yourself a mitt of some kind!

I have a lambswool mitt but sponges for my wheels

Twingogeekeo":1dfm68gt said:
iamstuart":1dfm68gt said:
I use this brush:
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/vikan-wheel-brush/prod_389.html
Its good for getting in between the thin gaps in the cup wheels, pretty good quality to, nice and strong.
It is a bit on the small side though hard to get right to the back of the wheels.

I was looking at this one might get this now i know someone else uses it i was worryied about getting it in the gaps on the cup wheels

It just fits in the small gaps nicely, the only bad thing is it could do with being a little longer, but its decent for 6 quid!

I have an AG wheel brush. It's fantastic. At least I think, I've never actually used it.

Al":10pecf17 said:
I have an AG wheel brush. It's fantastic. At least I think, I've never actually used it.

Your comment arnet welcome unless there helpful !

Twingogeekeo":1ublg419 said:
Al":1ublg419 said:

Your comment arnet welcome unless there helpful !

I was saying what one I have. it is actually good. It's like a soft nylon brush shaped like a pointer so you can get in between the spokes without damaging the paint etc.

Twingogeekeo":361o8t95 said:
Picture of it Al ?

not mine but it's the same:

htwb6m.jpg

I've used one before and tbh I didn't like it. the bristles were too harsh for most finishes I found. And it's quite expensive for what it is

It may seem soft but go try a swissvax (or swissvax style) brush and see the difference!

Twingogeekeo":24eb8pb3 said:
Does it really work ?

Looke like a paint brush a little a very fat one

I thought it was fine, but then again I won't be bothered if the wheels aren't gleaming. I bought it from eBay - was about £4 I think so hardly a great loss to me.