Blackpool Meet! Fairhaven Lake Sunday 28th October 2pm!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In discussion with the wife-controller-unit as to my availability... I should be good but will be a bit later.

Mike has your number changed since the evo triangle run?

My girlfriend-unit okayd a while ago, made sure i gave it enough notice to not ahut down and go faulty on the day..

I think so, it will be if i gave you mine! Will pm you

thought it might be a bit of good idea to do some sort of schedule for the day so heres a little brake down:

2PM meet at fairheaven lake, car park far side of the lake down the long ramp.
( maybe there for an hour or so whilst we all get to know each other and wait for the late comers, oh and pics of course)
if people are hungry there is a cafe next to the lake or there is couple of pubs around the area if anyone wants something of a proper meal ( the island for instance has one of those "fair and square" kinda pubs)

if people are wanting to go to the pub that could take us to around 4ish but that depends on what time people arive at the lake, so that would be good idea to strech out a bit of time, grab a pint or a coke and chat about cars/what ever you want.

after the above is all sorted/stuffed there faces its a good stright road to the carpark oppsite the pleasure beach for pictures. having all the cars lined up with the Pepsi Max Big One in the background would look sweet for those "tourists" with us. (would look better at night when its lit up, so might suggest either leaving this till later or going back after the lights rally)

from there we can head into blackpool town centre for pictures at the bus staion ( 133_ads and black twingo-i was there the other week and took some great pics with the graffiti art work) there's a thread on here if anyone wants to look. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7924

then we head to cleveleys (lower Prom part,just over the tram tracks) for more pictures, chat etc.......

if we spend around an hour at each location the time at this point should be around 7pm, from cleveleys we start the run through the lights, will end up back near the pleasure beach so could go back to the carpark at the front of the PB for those night pics before everyone goes home.

lights switch on at 5pm and the schools break up for a week this friday so need to avoid the prom around this time, dnt get me wrong itl be busy at 7pm but unless people want to wait around till 8 or 9pm we might have no choice but to brave the worlds biggest traffic jam!!, of course this is a rough plan so i would expect it to change at some point. also depends on how long people are wanting to stay around for as there are plenty more places to vist. maybe an hour at each location might be to long or not long enough for some people so i think a lot will be played by ear,

if anyone wants to add locations/things to do then speak up and we can slot it in.

what do you think mike? do you have anything you wanna input?

on 2nd thoughts cleveleys might be a bad idea due to traffic around that time unless we go around the back way eg.
squares gate- preston new road-around the hospital- though bispham.

Right well now we are cooking on gas!!
More cars!!! That's more like it. Only 11 cars on the list at the mo. I see bigger meets of Honda jazz's every Sunday at the church down the road!! So the more the merrier. Lets get these numbers up. Only 3days to go!!'

Haha good stuff! I think he said theres like loaaddss.. I didnt realise a potential 11 were already coming.. Gonna be quite alot of cars i think :|!!

BlackTwingo-i":3gfa4x1t said:
Haha good stuff! I think he said theres like loaaddss.. I didnt realise a potential 11 were already coming.. Gonna be quite alot of cars i think :|!!

Haha Loaaadssss is an over estimate, theres about 5-6 maybe, a few of them are down at Santa Pod for the weekend, i'm just trying to get as many as i can :L

Plan sounds good Mikes!

Haha ahh right okay, was thinking it was like another 10-15 :p would of be overrun!

Should be good :D

Big car clean saturday everyone?
Hope its decent weather for it

Ha i was hoping for that but it was very last minute :/

Big car clean saturday yep! as long as the weather is playing ball! got a 75 mile drive saturday night! :L but detailer and glass cleaner will sort that ;)

Yes indeedy! Big clean! Iv got some carbon fibre vinyl on order that should turn up today so might even have the side mirrors and fog surrounds wrapped but that depends on how early I get up Saturday lol.

Ive been busy all week trying to sort out the new mods on mine. Gonna clean mine today, wont get chance before sunday now

whent home at lunch time and the Royal Mail left me a little note to say my carbon is at there office. My postman normaly comes around 2pm!! The only time I want sumert other than bills the t**ts are early! Bloody tipical! Can't pick it up 2moz cos of work so looks like no wrapping for me this weekend...............Unless I sweet talk the gf! Haha

I should clean mine I suppose, but the dirt hides the paintwork, which is a good thing. I may cheat tho.

The plan above sounds good, just remember there's roadworks on the one-way system by the bus station, they've closed some lanes down now aswell, just for fun.