Ideas for the next "big meet"

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt

Reaction score
Well, we've met up twice now in Oxford and both have been successful meets with the most recent one being bigger AND better.

There were a few new members that turned up and some of these had to travel quite a long distance, so, I'm proposing that we make this a regular thing (maybe once a month/every couple of months) and move the location around to nearby towns/cities. As I'm no good with geography, I'm asking you to all suggest locations! Once we've got a list of possible locations, I'll crack open a poll and we'll decide on the next one. From then onwards, we'll do the same until we have a solid list that we can reuse.

So, meeting point 1 is Oxford. I suggest we move roughly 30 minutes/an hour or so in any direction to get to our next meet location. Some meets will be harder to get to and make the journey time longer, but it will also make others quicker and easier. Please remember that this will constantly move so at some meets you'll be closer to home!

So, suggestions on a postcard please (well, just a reply will do)! If you're suggesting a location, please also find a landmark/something to do there and try and sell it to everyone else. We want photoshoot locations, pubs, days out, etc etc...

Mk got some good industrial estates around it.
Place near banbury called avon dasset is nice. Basically its a few carparks at the top of a hill with some good views. Gets busy mind.

Friedchicken91":251r52f8 said:
Mk got some good industrial estates around it.
Place near banbury called avon dasset is nice. Basically its a few carparks at the top of a hill with some good views. Gets busy mind.

its probably robs favourite place to go

to be honest, i dont mind where it is as long as the foods good, theres somewhere to take a few pics etc

Northampton

That's what I call more central to all members not 'central' to southern softies.

Mr_Ben":3la5abq6 said:
Northampton

That's what I call more central to all members not 'central' to southern softies.

Agree with this comment also includes scotland aswell for central.

Yeah Scotland members will always be an issue if we are to better include them then we're talking Yorkshireish

Well I'm biased towards Derbyshire as that's where I live but we have to consider others..... Therefore that's why I haven't said it ;)

OK proper idea time.....

Cat 'n' Fiddle; mixing a drive with stunning scenery and relatively central...... (and to boot there's a pub at the top)

Mr_Ben":2twssex3 said:
OK proper idea time.....

Cat 'n' Fiddle; mixing a drive with stunning scenery and relatively central...... (and to boot there's a pub at the top)

Like this idea plus i hear good story from customer in RS about cat n fiddle

great road, 50mph avg cams on it though. some amazing corners and views and a pub stop in the middle. very popular with bikers and other awesome roads arent that far away from it either

I've got a speeding ticket across there for one half, it's quite a task to do it :lol: