Ideas for the next "big meet"

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr_Ben":1o11t92m said:
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn Santa Pod 'yay' let's all drive in a straight line and sit in a car park, I won't be attending that one.

Haha thanks Steve. :D

Not a fan then Ben ;) you been on the road I suggested? That or Wales IMO for a 'drive' meet

Surprisingly enuf no lol.

I may have had a bimble down there it's been a while, the surrounding area is nice by the looks of it, and the pub looks nice I sort of recognise it so I may have passed it....

In a day I've done Buttertubs Pass, Cat n Fiddle and Snake Pass then my nice 'unknown' roads on the way home. That's a driving day teehee

Mr_Ben":16g4w2rw said:
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn Santa Pod 'yay' let's all drive in a straight line and sit in a car park, I won't be attending that one.

Im not keen on santa pod either to befair. When ever i here the name santa pod it shout chav fest at me :lol:

Twingogeekeo":2oxz4pq7 said:
Mr_Ben":2oxz4pq7 said:

Im not keen on santa pod either to befair. When ever i here the name santa pod it shout chav fest at me :lol:

Or big jap turbo stuff. Not that I mind jap turbo stuff (I have one lol) which would destroy a Twingo!

or people bragging about getting 1000hp out of a 1l 12v corsa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daveyb133":fyxduqte said:
or people bragging about getting 1000hp out of a 1l 12v corsa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didnt you know about my 1000 BHP robin relant has a moped engine in it with a sick computer cooling fan system

Yes moving on Santa Pod has officially been deemed a sh1t idea :lol:

Right further to my above post here's the route.....

Big Meet Road Trip

Or at least part of it (the main part)

Here's the visualisation of it...

Screenshot2011-02-03at195541.png

im game, i dont mind where it is either but that route looks fun, loads of mint roads on that route, going to be a few needing new tyres after it though :)

Apologies if it seems I'm railroading this idea, but no-one has really come up with anything else of real substance, anyone can say a town/city etc etc but if you don't say what can be done there it means squat IMHO.

So I'm glad I've had some good responses/reaction :D

Mr_Ben":3tb3blyy said:
Derbyshire (Cat n Fiddle) isn't North ffs :roll:

Then again anything north of the M25 is too far for Southeners (sp?) :p

Actually I live in the Midlands... so yes, for me it is north - even to Derbyshire. I wasn't saying Derbyshire was too far north, but Sheffield would be for me. What I don't want to do is drive 2 hours+ to the meet, drive the route of the meet with 133 fellow members and then drive all the way home again, as I will be absolutely knackered!!!

How about we go one of these meets and make it more social anyway? Like bowling or ice skating or a drink/meal or something along those lines? It doesn't have to be about cars all the time but about getting to know each other a bit more? What does everyone think?

Sam":wsnz2k8h said:
Mr_Ben":wsnz2k8h said:

Actually I live in the Midlands... so yes, for me it is north - even to Derbyshire. I wasn't saying Derbyshire was too far north, but Sheffield would be for me. What I don't want to do is drive 2 hours+ to the meet, drive the route of the meet with 133 fellow members and then drive all the way home again, as I will be absolutely knackered!!!

How about we go one of these meets and make it more social anyway? Like bowling or ice skating or a drink/meal or something along those lines? It doesn't have to be about cars all the time but about getting to know each other a bit more? What does everyone think?

I have to say that whilst cars are my passion and are a massive part of my life, I can't come to terms with driving for 2 hours, to stand in McDonalds car park, freezing my arse off for 4 hours, to then spend 2 more hours driving home again. I've just never understood the appeal of doing that.

Monster Detail":3e5ckdl9 said:
Sam":3e5ckdl9 said:
Mr_Ben":3e5ckdl9 said:

I have to say that whilst cars are my passion and are a massive part of my life, I can't come to terms with driving for 2 hours, to stand in McDonalds car park, freezing my arse off for 4 hours, to then spend 2 more hours driving home again. I've just never understood the appeal of doing that.

Haha. That's kinda like what we did last weekend in Heyford, only not in a McDonalds car park. Still, was fun though... and we got some great shots of the cars... :) But yeah I know what you're saying and that's basically what I mean about making a more social meet than a "stand around" meet. XD

Sam":399zmtgk said:
Monster Detail":399zmtgk said:
Sam":399zmtgk said:
Mr_Ben":399zmtgk said:

Haha. That's kinda like what we did last weekend in Heyford, only not in a McDonalds car park. Still, was fun though... and we got some great shots of the cars... :) But yeah I know what you're saying and that's basically what I mean about making a more social meet than a "stand around" meet. XD

Yeah. Just to clarify, I'm not criticising anyone who goes to these meets (apart from the chav w*nkers that terrorise the McDonalds car park in St Albans) I just don't personally see it as being worthwhile.

Fair enough! :p

Anyway, if we want to be really central, let's meet in Merridon (near Coventry). It's officially the central point of England, so therefore it will easily please people as it won't be too far north, too far south etcetera, etcetera, etcetera! :D

Well stop bitching about my idea and fricking well suggest something yourself instead of the generic crap you've been saying so far....... Only 2 people have given definitive ideas/plans everyone else as just been mentioning random towns....

And just to add my idea had an initial meet, a drive, a meal, photographic opportunities, places to stop

/rant

Matt":1zni5uz7 said:
So, suggestions on a postcard please (well, just a reply will do)! If you're suggesting a location, please also find a landmark/something to do there and try and sell it to everyone else. We want photoshoot locations, pubs, days out, etc etc...