Ideas for the next "big meet"

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres a couple of pics of it

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    5.2 KB
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    7.7 KB
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    9 KB
if ur meeting at mk or northampton then u could all just meet at santa pod!!
if its a rwyd day its cheap to get in,lots of facilites and u could all take pics in the car park or even have a go up the strip!! :cool:

I say somewhere in Yorkshire or there abouts!

Cat N Fiddle sounds a good idea, but cba with average speed camera's i bloody dispise them bas**rds :x

It's a hard job to break the limit on that road, you obviously haven't driven it. They aren't that 'restrictive', anyway we're not out to race we're out to enjoy.

dont we all !! and i know i will get carried away and get a ticket! snake pass needs to be done!! just need good weather

Mr_Ben":197l1suq said:
It's a hard job to break the limit on that road, you obviously haven't driven it. They aren't that 'restrictive', anyway we're not out to race we're out to enjoy.

No I haven't driven it and I never said I had. Average speed cameras are a pain in the arse regardless of the type of road there on. Its hard to enjoy a road when all you seem to do is stare at the speedo.

I'd like to suggest Worcestershire. There's loads of nice places around there, especially the Malverns etc.
If not, then Milton Keynes would suit me... :)

I'll travel for up to 1hr 30 max! No way going near St. Alban's though. Went there in the Twingo last year when I got bored and decided to go for a drive. Never been stuck in so much traffic in my entire life! I hated it!

I like the idea of meeting in Sheffield then do snake pass in convoy followed by some good pub grub. Maybe wait until the clocks change so its lighter for longer?

kizzye":2g1ui760 said:
I like the idea of meeting in Sheffield then do snake pass in convoy followed by some good pub grub. Maybe wait until the clocks change so its lighter for longer?

Just seen a Youtube vid of the Cat and Fiddle... Doesn't look that bad in comparison to some roads I've seen! (particularly Welsh' countryside on the A44!)

As for the Snake Pass, I couldn't possibly comment!

Howies":1p5yw0kl said:
No I haven't driven it and I never said I had. Average speed cameras are a pain in the arse regardless of the type of road there on. Its hard to enjoy a road when all you seem to do is stare at the speedo.

Didn't say you had I said you obviously hadn't ;) And that is my point the road is that twisty maintaining [below] 50 is 'easy' you don't need to keep looking at the speedo. The pub is halfway so depending if you come from Buxton or Macclesfield depends on the length of time on the road, therefore reducing the 'risk' of entertaining a speeding ticket. As said we're not going there to prove who got the bigger 'set' we're there to enjoy the day and meet like minded people.

Snake Pass is round the corner from Cat n Fiddle so people up for that can do both. Theory would be....
Meet Sheffield
Do Snake Pass
Drop down to Cat n Fiddle
People who need to go home from there (South) follow the road and join the M6
Others..... Do what they want :)

I like the idea plus i could maybe see my family in sheffield aswell.

Lucky for some then Karl!! :p Nah Sheffield would be too far for me I think but a northern meet would be good.

Derbyshire (Cat n Fiddle) isn't North ffs :roll:

Then again anything north of the M25 is too far for Southeners (sp?) :p

Midlands is equal for everyone north and south... (good to see you back Mr Ben!)

i would say do the road up in north wales, on top gears top 5 and top in UK, but even for me living in south wales it would be far easier to drive up to scotland. lol
seen 5th gear up there quite a few times about 2 years ago up there :)

but im up for somewhere between manc and birm as that seems most central in the uk

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn Santa Pod 'yay' let's all drive in a straight line and sit in a car park, I won't be attending that one.

Haha thanks Steve. :D