Proxy's 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about this mate. Cant imagine how it must feel to look at your pride and joy in that way. At least the car can be replaced and nothing serious happened to you and your girlfriend. Good to hear your both ok!!

Lordyb":1c6kugub said:
Awww mate!!! That is sickening!!!!!
I am soo gutted for you!
I hope you can sort somthing out!

Best of luck!

+1

just glad no one was hurt.

it must have been a fair wack for the drivers door not to shut :?
bet the golf didnt look to good!

Ahhh mate sorry to hear this.. As said, its good no one was injured..

This is why there should be a law to stop people over a certain age driving...

That's really cruel! Let's hope for a quick recovery for you!
And that you'll be able to sort it all out with the insurance companies so you can ride your pride, or another, anytime soon again!

Sorry to see this has happened! I can only imagining how sickening it must be.
Glad nobody was hurt though! best of luck with the claim as I'm sure we all know just how stressful that can be.

:( sorry to see and hear about this, hopefully you can get back on the roads soon in a new twingo

Thank you all, guys.

Wasn't here for a longer time, things changed in life, new job, etc... ;-)

ALSO I want to present you my *new* car, it is not a Twingo - but hey! :D

img0147hc.jpg

Citroen AX Sport '87... a bit old, but for its originally 68k km's and its more than just good condition its a great eye catcher!

And even more "good news": since I really just LOVE Renault (especially Twingo... no question) and I also need a car for winter and when I want to visit cities like Stuttgart (here in germany you cant drive into bigger cities with a car of "Class 5" (like the AX is)...), a new Twingo RS is on the way... sadly blue is only available for Gordinis, I ordered an arctic white RS (that Day & Night Edition... somehow its lovely ;) ). Its a EURO 5 car, but Ill do the best out of it.

When its about time, Ill let you guys know it with lots of Pics (as usual! :D).

nice looking motor you got there :)
I like the night & day edition although I didn't think it was to the RS?

Jordan133":a995r98j said:
Glad everything worked out for you mate :) when dp you get your new twingo?

Thanks mate! Since the Twingo already is at the Renault Vendor, I think Ill get it at end of oktobre/ november, untill then Im driving my AX ;-D (or when the first snow falls... whatever happens first :-D).

Leanne":a995r98j said:

Also thanks to you ;-)
I think the day & night edition was new to the RS when Gordini was released, it costs about 200€ more, but it looks great with the artic white (without it, it'ld be boring somehow.. only white.. :/ ).

As far as I know, "Day & Night" Edition is just called the colours of your ride.. how to say this in english.. the fog light sorrounding and also the mirrors on the sides are metallic-black (in german its called "Perlmut Schwarz", no clue how its english name is :x ), looks a bit more "elegant", not that "simple" grey or black or white, also inside the car some things are metallic black, too, etc... window bags are included (which are a nice thought, after the first crash-expirience I got with Twingo..) and some random things.. day and night includes those cute flower brands - the tre dream of a real man.. haha don't really know whats ogirinally in the complete package as you dont get informations about the "RS Day & Night" Edition from Google :-D

The ax looks nice and clean, don't see many of those nowadays !
You say it's a sport is that a 1.3 or is it the 1.4 gt ? Sorry I've heard of the sport just never seen one.

gsidave":15kc7lqt said:
The ax looks nice and clean, don't see many of those nowadays !
You say it's a sport is that a 1.3 or is it the 1.4 gt ? Sorry I've heard of the sport just never seen one.

Its a 1,3 ;-) the 1.4 engine is in the "Citroen AX GT", built later than the Sport, the GT has a bit more power but was more made for "luxury", the "Sport" is more made for fun ;-)
My AX had an engine-tuning about 20 years ago, the whole engine was re-newed with rally-parts... sounds very nice ;-) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws2HW_kSJK0 thats mine :-D )

#edit: wrong forum, I know, but for those who are interested:
https://skyed.de/2011/09/citroen-ax-sport.html
Pics of the AX ;-)

Yeah I've been through the pics forgot how square the dash is. Takes me back a very long time had a 1.1 ax when I was 18 and I would rev it till the valves bounced lol. Then I bought a gt a few years later, that had done 250000 km but still went like a rocket. There fast little things becuase there is no weight. You will have some fun in that till your new twingo arrives.

Proxy":2826p53d said:
Jordan133":2826p53d said:
Glad everything worked out for you mate :) when dp you get your new twingo?

Thanks mate! Since the Twingo already is at the Renault Vendor, I think Ill get it at end of oktobre/ november, untill then Im driving my AX ;-D (or when the first snow falls... whatever happens first :-D).

Leanne":2826p53d said:

Also thanks to you ;-)
I think the day & night edition was new to the RS when Gordini was released, it costs about 200€ more, but it looks great with the artic white (without it, it'ld be boring somehow.. only white.. :/ ).

Awesome!! plenty of pictures when you get it please!! I would have loved mine in the day and night edition. (I just had to settle for the key cover haha)

gsidave":2heya51s said:
Yeah I've been through the pics forgot how square the dash is. Takes me back a very long time had a 1.1 ax when I was 18 and I would rev it till the valves bounced lol. Then I bought a gt a few years later, that had done 250000 km but still went like a rocket. There fast little things becuase there is no weight. You will have some fun in that till your new twingo arrives.

I know a few people with about ~300.000 km with their first engine/ without needed to repair something.. that was quality... not like the cars today :/

Leanne":2heya51s said:
Awesome!! plenty of pictures when you get it please!! I would have loved mine in the day and night edition. (I just had to settle for the key cover haha)

Plenty? Tons of pictures! :D Don't worry about that ;-)

Proxy":12bm70nl said:
Leanne":12bm70nl said:

Plenty? Tons of pictures! :D Don't worry about that ;-)
Sweet!! I'm looking forward to this thread :mrgreen: