Tyre choice??? Help

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lemat1":phgc4z3n said:
excellent, i shall put in my order!

cheers

Mat
Have a look in other threads as davey mentioned them in this one plus I know twingogeekeo is running them and likes them and there is others just can't be bothered to look through the forum. The S1's are compared to the conti's quite often and only road noise seems to be a little more but I stand to be corrected if needed.

Ive had the Hankook S1 Evos on for about 3 months now and would recommend them to anyone. No less grip than the Conti's just slightly more road noise like most others have said.

What are peoples opinions on Yoko Prada Spec 2's? i had them on both my old corsa and my old MK3 Golf Gti...

I disliked them on the car I've driven them on. Squealed and understeered in the bone dry, the garage told me they were 200 miles old at the time which either thr dealer was wrong (quite possible) or they were rubbish

I thought they were quite good, only time i ever heard squealing was when they didnt have the correct pressure in them, thought they were fine in the wet, obviously a different story in the wet but i never pushed either the corsa or the golf in the wet

Didn't like the Paradas in the wet one bit...
No progression of grip, just grip....GONE!

I don't know what this....."dry" road thing you talk of though :lol:

I've had a lot worse in the wet... Nankangs for example are shocking!

I forgot "Dry" isn't in the Scottish vocabulary ;)

133_Ads":1aszauub said:
I thought they were quite good, only time i ever heard squealing was when they didnt have the correct pressure in them, thought they were fine in the wet, obviously a different story in the wet but i never pushed either the corsa or the golf in the wet

It was a used car from an abarth dealership, so it is possible the pressures weren't right. But it understeered like something else. The one k drove on p zeros was far nicer (although it still had epic understeer :lol: )

Has anyone tried or has an opinion on KUMHO ECSTA SPT KU31 tyres fitted for £84.40 with rim protection ridge? I have a cup 17" 195/40. They will go on the front as the back tyres are still okay from when I bought it new. I presume it is okay to mix brands?

Other tyres around that price range are FALKEN ZIEX ZE-912 and FEDERAL 595 EVO.

Anyone have any recommendations please? Many Thanks.

Thanks Araf. They are £107 fitted on the same site so I'd prefer to use the other ones if possible unless you know somewhere they are cheaper.

Tyre traders and Camskill are doing them for about £75 each + fitting at your local depot would be another £15 per corner?

Still more than you're looking to pay.

I think my youngest has Kumhos on the rear winter wheels for her VXR. They seem to work fine.

janner66":11b5j4zu said:
Has anyone tried or has an opinion on KUMHO ECSTA SPT KU31 tyres fitted for £84.40 with rim protection ridge? I have a cup 17" 195/40. They will go on the front as the back tyres are still okay from when I bought it new. I presume it is okay to mix brands?

Other tyres around that price range are FALKEN ZIEX ZE-912 and FEDERAL 595 EVO.

Anyone have any recommendations please? Many Thanks.
I've placed 4 new 195/40/17 Falken ZE912, 126€ per tire, fitted.

I went from Continential CS3 to Pirelli P Zero Nero to Falken ZE912. Can't say how they are yet because they're too new to rag around yet but looking on the interwebz, they get a fairly good allround review.

I haven't read the whole thing yet but it in Evo this month they have a tyre test and I think thr Pirelli beat the cs5 which is effectively replacing thr cs3.

Aren't Evo sister to auto express which could lead it to require more than a pinch of salt, I'm certain there's probably more than a few Pirelli adds in the same mag somewhere :p

OK So I've read that, the P zero won convincingly, and as I thought somewhere the possible reason hit me. In the fast fleet pirelli let the editor mould his own pirellis in the factory for his countach. Anyone want to suggest the two aren't related even slightly :lol:

Getting some new alloys and tyres soon. Unsure of which tyres to get. They will be 195/40/16 and the choices are:
Yoko s drive: £79 a tyre
Conti sport contact 2: £90 a tyre
Toyo proxes t1r: £76 a tyre
Dunlop sp sport 9000: £85 a tyre

Obvs everyone says contis are best but they are also most expensive so are they really worth the extra money? Up to £60 extra for set of 4?

Renault twingo gt on 185/55R15 H 88 tyres, I got it at the weekend. But it has a mix of hifly, Nankang, Accelera and Continental tyres on it. :roll:

So I'm looking at getting some new tyres all round at the weekend, but I'm spilt between continental premium contact 5 (I guess car would have came with premium 2 on them), eco contact 5 (I know there a eco tyre, but seem to be quite highly rated, plus I had CP and 3 before, both where good tyres), uniroyals or toyo (heard good and bad things about both of these).

Or any other suggestions are welcome, but you have be fast cause I'm changing them on Friday.

Kumho kh31 for good all round rate them easy as good as the conti 2's!!