RenaultSport Trackdays 2011

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TURBO":1w8n76v6 said:
was it black??i know that car if it was!

i think it was about 5-6years ago at least so i might give it another go!
altho i have found afew good clubs that provide good racing.and also most of my time is spend focusing on my pod car now.

It was black. Had appalling brakes though. The amount of times the driver out-braked himself into corners was crazy.

Al - let me know what track days you are doing this year so I can hunt you down ;) May track the Twingo at some point and the mx5 turbo will defiantly be getting abused.

Steve-o":3g1fd86n said:
Al - let me know what track days you are doing this year so I can hunt you down ;) May track the Twingo at some point and the mx5 turbo will defiantly be getting abused.

Of course mate; will do once the dates etc are announced.

I had to turn down an invite to Silverstone this weekend which I'm gutted about :cry:

Al":smygrjpe said:
Steve-o":smygrjpe said:

I had to turn down an invite to Silverstone this weekend which I'm gutted about :cry:

when u race silverstone do u race the full track?

TURBO":xufzhu2d said:
Al":xufzhu2d said:
Steve-o":xufzhu2d said:

when u race silverstone do u race the full track?

I don't actually know about the one I turned down, was asked if I wanted to go but didn't enquire further.

The previous times last year it wasn't the full one as the track wasn't built! Was certainly fun driving a wet track on 888's then driving from rough old tarmac to the new temporary stuff they'd laid down - first time the car was all over the show!

I believe this Sunday is the debut opening of SIlverstones trackdays to the public. Hence why I'm gutted I can't go!

:lol: 888's in the wet are a nightmare :lol:
i use them on my daily runner :roll: coz u never know when u need the grip :twisted:

TURBO":1mjgr0b0 said:
:lol: 888's in the wet are a nightmare :lol:
i use them on my daily runner :roll: coz u never know when u need the grip :twisted:

Worst I've had was Oulton last year. Wet was an understatement. We had a few spins that day!

JDee133":p419zubq said:
I'll definately be doing one again this year Al. Would be awesome to get a 133 garage!

Would be good. Closest was last year at Silverstone when I think orbital and you guys managed to get a garage. I was up with Renault in 1A or something as I was moved but it was a nice little group.

Small update: New layout SIlverstone will be on the calender this year.

26th April – Spa-Francorchamps. Driver £220. 2nd driver £110. Passenger foc. Lunch £30pp

20th May – Bedford South West evening – Driver £95. 2nd driver foc

22nd July - Bedford South West evening – Driver £95. 2nd driver foc

4th August – Silverstone southern circuit – Driver £179. 2nd driver foc

22nd Sept – Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Driver £149. 2nd driver foc

Do we book thru the RS site Al? (Should really reset my password!!)

Mr_Ben":vc57zfgt said:
Do we book thru the RS site Al? (Should really reset my password!!)

When the booking is open the links will be put on RS. I'll compile a thread and get it put up on there once ready :D

I'll probably be doing the bottom three if anyone else is going.

Brands is the most tempting for me as I've driven the others, and I'd rather try new tracks before re-visiting ones done before.

Mr_Ben":2fms23vt said:
Brands is the most tempting for me as I've driven the others, and I'd rather try new tracks before re-visiting ones done before.

Don't forget Silverstone has changed it layout since last year ;)

Already done the new layout, did it before the kerbs were painted, and the tarmac was brand new.