RenaultSport Trackdays 2011

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gona try and make Silverstone, will be the first time ive tracked one of my own cars!

Mr_Ben":33rbz61x said:
Already done the new layout, did it before the kerbs were painted, and the tarmac was brand new.

When was that mate? I did the half-baked one last year; ie: half new, half old and some rough old tarmac surface changes.

CamEn1":172acep9 said:
Gona try and make Silverstone, will be the first time ive tracked one of my own cars!

Excellent! You'll love it!

Ahh yeah Al, my last visit was April last year so yeah it was a mish mash of new layout and Tarmac and old, even the gravel traps weren't fully complete. but it was still the full southern circuit....

Al, teach me how to drive on track? haha im scared of binning my car

pritchp":3498dabp said:
Al, teach me how to drive on track? haha im scared of binning my car

As much as I'd like to say "yeah, sure" I'd highly recommend professional tuition. They may not be as pretty to look at as me, but they'll do a far greater job of getting you around a track fast!

quote from my old man go going with one of the btcc guys " he kept yelling at me to put more power down" in the 200. haha and "keep on his arse and he'll move over"

orbital":125jxc7q said:
quote from my old man go going with one of the btcc guys " he kept yelling at me to put more power down" in the 200. haha and "keep on his arse and he'll move over"

Better than the quotes I've had thrown at me by embarrassed instructors. Where you there at Silverstone when one of them came over and attempted to have a go at me? :oops:

Al":2mepvrxl said:
orbital":2mepvrxl said:

Better than the quotes I've had thrown at me by embarrassed instructors. Where you there at Silverstone when one of them came over and attempted to have a go at me? :oops:
Wat did they say?

Long story short I was at the front of a 4 car queue being held up by a 200 under instruction. He refused to move over or even follow correct racing lines so in the end I overtook him on the outside of a corner, forcing him to join the correct stay right being overtaken position.

After the "incident" a pit marshall came storming over and found me and started to sound off. Luckily I had a good selection of guys out with me in that 4 car queue who testified that their session was being held up by the instructors car so I was let off. Not before being threatened to get chucked off the track.

For the dates, listings, times, how to book etc etc please see HERE

Al":5b7eksu8 said:
If it was my choice I'd have:

Brands GP circuit - normally RS does the Indy circuit
Knockhill - never been on the schedule
Donnington - as above
Cadwell Park - simply a fantastic track
Silverstone - as it's only just opened.
and Spa - obviously!

If they do cover Donny I'll definiately be there, my fav track in the UK.......would be particularly happy if they ran the GP circuit :)

Donny definitely won't be on the RS calender this year.

I'd love Donny and Snet to be on the calender; but can't remember the last time they were...

Knockhill and now the 'Ring have been added to the RS Trackday schedule!

wayhay iv "officially" got an rs now so maybe when its sorted we can rub bumpers ;)